In most cases, the first impression a potential customer gets of your business is that of your outdoor signage. An outdoor sign reveals your business’ brand by presenting it, day in and day out, with words, graphics and symbols that represents “who” your business is.
A sign can be the first impression a would-be customer gets and could determine whether a lasting, and possibly profitable, relationship forms between the business and that customer. Liberty Financial Group, Inc. can help with the financing to obtain this important business feature.
The value of a quality sign presence cannot be overstated: The California Electric Sign Association and the International Sign Association published a two-part study on the results of on-premise sign performance. Part I measured the impact that signage had on sales at each of 162 southern California locations of a fast-food chain. It found that one additional on-premise sign increased annual sales by 4.75%. Part II analyzed seven years of weekly sales data for Pier 1 Imports, a national chain retailer of furniture and gift items. It found that when a new sign was added on a previously blank side of a building, sales increased anywhere between 2.5% and 7.1%.
These results show that signs effectively speak to potential customers, and are the most effective form of advertising for small independent businesses. If you don’t have an effective sign, the advertising money spent on other media is going to waste.
The components of an effective business sign include:
- Simplicity – You only have seconds to capture attention. Passers by will more easily remember a sign that is straight to the point, without too much information.
- Attention getting – The use of bright and contrasting colors captures attention. Be careful of your choice of color however, as you do not want a color combination that is irritating to the eyes and annoying to the senses.
- Busy location – What good is a sign if no one sees it? Choose a placement that has maximum amount of traffic, manages to stand out, and at the same time is part of its surroundings.
- Ease of visibility – A good sign can be easily read from a distance. It can also be clearly seen at night and from different angles. Size is not the important factor– visibility is. A huge sign can be a distraction, or just an eyesore that potential customers find irritating.
- Pictures – People love pictures, especially those that tell a story. If you have a photo that captures the essence of your advertisement, use it on your outdoor signs as a substitute for text.
- Neatness – A good sign must be kept clean and presentable. Remember, the quality of your sign represents the quality of your business. Renovate or replace your sign whenever it begins to look rundown, shabby or unrepresentative of your business.
Liberty Financial Group, Inc. offers the freedom to help your business grow by providing direct financing for essential business needs. Liberty Financial Group has the capability to fund technology equipment (computer hardware and software, telecommunication and office automation), industrial equipment (forklifts, machine tools, woodworking, compressors), as well as services such as signage. For more information, call us at 800.422.1844 or email at email@example.com.